Anyway, it's 1:43 on Friday, and thus far this week I have managed to
- arrange a party for everyone in the Chicago office at Union Station for Monday
- arrange a press lunch for Monday
- yell at caterers
- print out and bind numerous presentations
- send a last minute email out to all our customers (not as easy as it sounds)
- cajole accounts payable to cut checks on the same day so I can pay vendors
- not blow up at frenchie even though he really deserved it
- not freeze to death
I have not however had a chance to go to the gym or go to yoga. I feel like a big flat slob. Even though I have managed to get out of the office each day by 5 or 5:15, I've been getting in early and am so brain dead by the end of the day, I just fathom going to the gym. Yoga at noon just wasn't doable.
The good news is, my boss is back on Monday. The bad news is his boss and our new CEO is in town for the week and we've got all these meetings going on (none of which I'm going to be involved in) but that means my boss will be all tied up and so people coming and looking for him will continue to turn to me and my other coworkers. Let me tell you, they just don't like it when you say you don't know. Even when you say the helpful, let me find out, they don't like it. They just want to know now.
But whatever, it's almost over for a couple of days. I'm not anticipating having to work much this weekend (never say never though). And while next week will be hectic, I'm hoping not as bad as this week. You see what it's done to my blogging.